MUZI is a young man with a huge future ahead of him!! He has been making beats and getting involved in music from as early as 11 and he will be rocking the main stage at Grietfest 2014!! All this might sound like a lot to take in and possibly something that would get to ones head, however, this cool cat takes it all in his stride!! We caught up with the G for a short online chat, this is how it went down:
MA: Hey there, how you doing? Its awesome to be chatting to you!!
- Supp ! Awesome getting a chance to chat with you guys as well. I really appreciate it
MA: Before we get started, do you mind introducing yourself, telling us where you are from and giving us a short background on how you got started in music?
- That’s a hard question. Where do I even start ? Uhm, my name is Muzi. I’m from Empangeni,KZN . My older brothers were into rapping so I started writing rhymes in Grade 6. I was 11. Then like a year or two later, my moms bought us a computer. We installed FruityLoops and the rest is history.
MA: Can you describe your style of music to us in 5 words or less?
- Bass heavy dope shit LOL.
MA: Where do you take inspiration from in your music interest?
- Used to hear a lot of different music growing up. Mom loved watching eastern mosaic; my brothers were into hiphop, rnb and kwaito; my friends were into rock and there were a few BUMP CDs lying around at home so I was influenced by a lot of genres and they always come out somehow when I create.
MA: Our local electronic music scene has been growing in leaps over the last few years, with some amazing international acts coming over more frequently. What has you the most excited about our local music scene?
– The growth is exciting. We are all definitely getting better, more people are opening up to electronica now and the fact that local acts are even performing overseas now. Thats exciting to me.
MA: Can you give us a few of your career highlights thus far?
– Getting love from acts such as Foreign Beggars, Willy Joy, Jakwob, Emalkay, Starkey, Vato Gonzalez, High Rankin, Yellow Claw, Moody Good etc.
– Playing Grietfest 2013. Playing Arcade Empire 3rd Birthday Party. Playing at Oppikoppi.
– Having my EP, Fire Up The Bongo, released on Generation Bass.
MA: How keeeeen are you to be playing at Grietfest 2014?? What can we expect from your set on the main stage?
– I am super keen on playing there. Im on the main stage this time around so the pressure is on. Im already working on my set, making edits and working on older edits to make them sound better as well so its going to be awesome. Expect a set of all my own tracks, bootlegs and remixes and with a few ‘ did he just play that ? ‘ moments LOL
MA: Are there any other projects that you are working on that we might be interested in hearing about?
– Currently I’m working on my third EP, GHETTO BASS. I’m super excited about it.
MA: Where can we follow you on social media?
twitter : www.twitter.com/muziou
facebook : www.facebook.com/muzifanpage
soundcloud : www.soundcloud.com/muziofficial
MA: Finally, do you have any message for the organisers of this epic event, that has been growing each and every year?
– Keep doing what you’ve been doing. Grietfest just gets better every year and thank you for giving me and others a chance to bless your stages with some good tunes.
MA: Thank you so much for your time, see you at Grietfest 2014…
– Thank you for the interview 🙂 . See y’all there.