Rambling Bones is a 4 piece band that delivers soulful songs. We play mostly originals but do spice up the mix with covers. Our favourite covers are the gospel classic ‘Amazing Grace’, Rancid’s ‘As Wicked’, The Misfits ‘Were Eagles Dare’ & Human Leagues ‘Don’t You Want Me Baby!’
Ramblin’ Bones is modern retro and the strange man next door. Afro swamp dog overtones with hints of a naartjie waltz. Renowned cult magazine “Extreme Ice Cream Van Racing Almanac – 2012 Edition” gave the last album “Ramblin’ Bones & His Bloody Agents” a 5 out 5 soft serves, (with flakey’s), rating.
“This album has all the flavours you are looking for and is gauranteed to satisfy. There is even some sour sorbet & full cream frozen yoghurt!”
“Nostalgic modernists, disillusioned illusionists & recovering workaholic all need to listen to a bit of Rambling Bones at some point of their day.”
Jay started the band and wanted to play solo. It got lonely. It got indulgent. Then he chanced upon a band of equally misfit brothers & sisters.
Folks with an itch.
Jay has been seen yodelin’ and playing guitar for Fuzigish, a band that was once compared to a angry melodic goat, called Gandor, that had been seen driving small clown car down the highway. The Fox.
Angie plays guitar and sings for a tank-girl garage band called Japan & I. The Bat.
Danger Bones Dawg 3000 has met Mickey Mouse in person. The Owl.
Eric Charles Wright re-joined the band after a sabatical. He grooves.
Catch these guys this Sunday at Park Acoustics for their 6th birthday celebrations, alongside the Nudies, Grassy Spark and much more….Here is a short interview we did with them:
Interview: RAMBLING BONES
- Hi guys… it is such a pleasure to be featuring you guys on the site!! Is everyone doing well today?
JAY : I think so.
- Before we get started, can you please introduce us to the members of Rambling Bones and tell us who plays what in the band?
ERIC: Leighton on drums, Angie on vocals, percussion and harmonica, Jay on guitar and vocals, and myself on Bass and vocals.
- How/Where did you guys meet up to form Rambling Bones?
JAY: We all knew each other from bands in the punk scene. We played shows together. Then I started Rambling Bones as a solo act but that slowly evolved over time and grew into what we have today.
- Can you give us a short background on the name Rambling Bones?
JAY: Well I go by the name of Jay Bones in the band Fuzigish. I wanted to acoustic solo project and I like the idea of being a solo acoustic act and being able to move and travel very easily. Rambling seemed to be a word that works well for that.
- Where do you guys take inspiration from in your “sound”?
ANGIE: I am not to sure. Jay usually has a song that he is working on and plays it for the band. Each week we play that song and sometimes Jay will add another part or work on the arrangement. We carry on like this until the song is finished. There is no timeline or sound direction. Just what sounds ‘good’ to us.
- What have been some of your highlights thus far as a band?
ERIC: Playing Mieliepop this year was a highlight.
JAY: I think Park Acoustics 6th Birthday will be on that list later on in the year.
ANGIE: Mieliepop was very cool.
- Our local scene has been growing positively over the past few years… What are your thoughts on our local music scene at the moment and if there is anything you wish to see happen differently?
JAY: We know we have great bands and sounds. I am glad to see people supporting there local music because it is great music. A few more venues would be a my wish.
- Are there any local acts that you think need a special mention?
JAY: I really happy to be playing with The Moths. I think they are great.
ERIC: BCUC are cool.
- You guys will be playing at park Acoustics 6th Birthday, alongside Spingbok Nude Girls, Grassy Spark and many more… Are you excited for this gig? What can we expect from your set on the day?
JAY: Great line-up and honoured to be playing. Expect old songs, new songs and a cover or two.
ERIC: Park Acoustics is a great thing.
- Anything that you guys are currently working on that we would be interested in hearing about?
JAY: We are making plans and hope to have something new out this year.
- Where can we follow you on Social media?
- Thanks for your time guys…!!