Pretoria based band, WE ARE CHARLIE, will be playing alongside aKing and The Plastics on the Jack Daniels Main Stage at Park Acoustics on the 1st March. We ought up quickly with them to find out how 2014 treated them and what we can expect from them this year. Check it out:
- Hey guys, you well?? Nice to be catching up with you guys again!!
HEYYY. We are good thanks, hope you guys are doing good yourself.
- For those that have never heard of WE ARE CHARLIE, would you mind giving them a short idea of who you are and how you guys got started in the music industry?
We’re three dudes in an indie band and we love to make people happy with our music and we enjoy a good old party or seven. We started with a smile and some hard work, and before you knew it we were hitting the saddles. Whatever that means.
- Was 2014 a good year for you guys?
Yes it was great! Thanks for asking. Hope it was good for everyone else too.
- Any moments or events that stood out?
Well, Park acoustics was swell and also meeting some great people who we shared tepees with and that’s a true story.
- What are your thoughts of our local music scene at the moment?
We think it’s great and it’s worth being a part of it now so we really hope it keeps growing and for the top guys to get even better.
- Is there anything that you think can be done differently at the moment to get the industry even better and seen more on a global stage?
We think getting bands into the international scene would be amazing. There are such amazing bands here who definitely deserve it, and you can take that to the bank!
- You guys are back at Park Acoustics again… Are you excited for this? What can we expect from your set?
Yes of course! We feel super fortunate and shows like these really help us to grow and learn. The kids at Park Acoustic are crazy so can’t wait to have a huge party, you can defiantly expect some sex faces from Rowan.
- Looking forward to 2015? Are there any projects you working on that we might be interested in?
We’re writing and rehearsing mainly and we’re going to play our EP “Yard Sale” through the ground. We’re definitely going to develop our sound as well. Maybe a music video but Dyl is pretty camera shy. Row is super excited to get his face on the internet. Wes doesn’t really know what the internet is so he’s pretty neutral.
- Where can we find you on the interwebs?
- Thank you for your time… All the best for the year ahead!!
Thank you guys so much again and we’re looking forward to bringing the heat! xoxo