• Hey there dude , it’s so awesome to be chatting to you. How are you doing?
I’m really good thanks!
• Lets start with a quick 101 on who The Lebowski is/are? Where in SA are you from and how did you get started in the music scene?
We are three friends from the leafy suburbs of Pretoria East that all have an affinity for indie punk music and sarcastic wit. We’ve been around since the end of 2016.
• Please would you introduce the band to us also 😀
I play guitar, and try to sing. Dylan plays the drums, and doesn’t try to sing. Jaco plays bass and sings with relative success.
• What are some of your musical influences?
We really enjoy bands like Remo Drive, Violent Soho, Hockey Dad, Bloody Knees and Culture Abuse to name a few. When we go out we usually switch to Die Antwoord and Parow after 2am though #SorryNotSorry.
• Do you have any major highlights in your musical career thus far?
We recently played a show at The Grind and managed to stay relatively sober despite a crazy drinks special. That was quite a highlight in terms of self-control for us.
We also recently played a show in the lovely town of Secunda, where we managed to disrupt a family gin festival. There were around 500 good people before we delivered our unadulterated brand of punk rock. After the set there were 10 die hard fans left, the rest of the audience left to go listen to Jo Black. We don’t blame them though, he has a good beard.
• What are your thoughts of our local music scene at the moment?
We are incredibly passionate about the local scene, in ways that extend further than just our band. Myself and Jaco are part of a live music collective called BUNK where we are trying to revive live music in Pretoria. We’ve had a lot of success with that. We would love to see more people getting involved in the local scene, we honestly believe 90 percent of any successful venture is just getting up and doing it.
• Any acts/bands/artists that you think need a special mention?
We are huge fans of all our Gauteng friends that are doing amazing things, Little Ringo, Them Dirty Shrikes, The Ceramics so many more! We are also
big Weed Dealer fans, people should go check them out.
• You will be playing at Park Acoustics this month, alongside such an incredible line-up. Are you excited for the gig? What can we expect from your set?
We are super excited! It really is such an amazing line-up. You can expect some mild nudity and profanity early on a Sunday morning in the Jacaranda City. Should be memorable.
• Anything else you currently working on that we may be interested in?
We will be releasing a single and a B side later this year. We think people are really going to enjoy it, so look out for that. We also recently released our second EP, Super Low Nowhere, so go give that a listen.
• Where can people follow you on Social Media?