INTRODUCING CAPE TOWN’S LATEST
ALTERNATIVE POP SENSATION ‘OH ROXY’
The David Gresham Record Company is proud to introduce Cape Town’s newest alternative pop act – OH ROXY.
“The retro siren” is 21-year-old Roxy McVean – very much a millennial, but she comes from another era, the cool 50’s. Originally from hot sunny Durban, on the east coast of South Africa, Roxy moved to Cape Town to follow her dreams in music, where she majored in vocals at COPA (Campus of Performing Arts), after which she auditioned for Idols South Africa, where she placed in the Top 9 of Season 10.
Towards the end of 2015, Roxy found producer Kamil Govender, where she began her writing process and a couple of weeks later OH ROXY had lit up! OH ROXY is new to the South African music business, but promises something very different with unique songs to get you up and vibing!
OH ROXY signed a global artist and publishing deal with internationally renowned South African independent record company David Gresham Records in February 2016 and her debut single THIS IS ME is released today!
- Hey Roxy… it is such a pleasure to be chatting to you… are you doing well??
- Please can you tell us who OH ROXY is, where in beautiful SA are you from and what made you want to become a pop artist?
- You have just released your first single, called THIS IS ME. What can we expect from this track and are there more singles, and possibly an album, to look forward to in the near future?
- Anything that you guys are currently working on that we would be interested in hearing about?
- Where can we follow you on Social media?
Social media! I’m actually terrible at it. But I’ve become a heck of a lot better with posting, haha! You can follow Oh Roxy on Facebook, as well as @ohroxymusic on Twitter and Instagram. I post lots of pictures of my cat. Be prepared. Best homie ever.