Pretoria based, 5-piece folk rock/blues band, MONKEYS IN BOOTS, will be one of the supporting acts to Matthew Mole at this weekends Big House Beer Craft festival.
We are a 5 piece Folk Rock Band from Pretoria, South Africa. We consist of two Guitars, Bass, Drums, Violin and Keyboard. With Luan Fourie on guitar, Fish Archer on Bass, Justin Snyman on drums, Fred on Violin and keys and Morne Erasmus on guitar, harmonica, Banjo and vocals.
This is what came out of the interview we had with the gents:
Interview: MONKEYS IN BOOTS
- Hi guys… its a pleasure to be chatting to you!!
Thanks for having us!
- Would you mind introducing us to the band, letting us where you guys are from, as well asgiving us a quick background on who Monkeys In Boots are and how you guys came together to form the band?
We’ve got Fish Archer on bass, Justin Snyman on Drums, Luan Erasmus on Guitar, Fred Nagel on keys and Violin and Morne Erasmus on Vocals, Guitar and Banjo. We actually started as an acoustic band, playing in a public park with a few cold ones.
- Coming from all different backgrounds, how do each of you guys bring your own influences into the band, or has it been a collective direction from where you find inspiration?
We all have a huge variety in music taste and background. We also have a huge difference in musical influences which I believe brings in a very unique sound to the band.
- How would you describe your ‘sound’ as a band?
Swamp Rock Blues
- What are your thoughts on our local music scene at the moment and if there is anything you wish to see happen differently?
We can definitely say that there is improvement in the local scene, not only referring to the talent or the artist itself, but to the support from fans and the SA industry growing immensely.
- Why do you think South Africa is such a growing stage for all these amazing international acts making their way down to our beautiful country?
Most definitely. We are super excited about the huge acts coming to our beautiful country in 2016. Mumford and Sons, AC/DC and Iron Maiden all in one year… Man we’re going to be broke the whole of 2016 (laughs)
- Are there any local acts that you think need a special mention?
Bright Lights Big City, Strait Jackal, Nomadic Orchestra, Guy Collins, Gerald Clark…I can go on. Basically everyone who has worked they’re arses of to get where they are.
- You guys are coming to Pretoria soon for the BIG HOUSE Craft Beer festival…. Are you guys excited to be playing this gig? What can we expect from your set?
We are more than excited! You all should put on your dancing shoes for this one.
- Anything that you guys are currently working on that we would be interested in hearing about?
We’re working on a few new songs that will hopefully sooth your ears with the sweet sound of Swamp Rock Blues 😉
- Where can we follow you on Social media?
- Thanks for your time guys…
Thank you. Chat soon