Ladies & Gents, this weekend is the next edition of the LETS TWIST AGAIN event, which is taking place at THE GOODLUCK BAR in Jozi. One of the acts performing on the night is DJ BOB who will be rocking some 50’s classic vinyl to get you twisting. Here is a short interview we did with him:
Interview: DJ BOB
- Hey DJ Bob… How you doing dude? Please would you give us a short background on who DJ BOB is and how did music become a big part of your life?
I STARTED BOOKING BANDS IN 1990, AND OPENED MY FIRST LIVE MUSIC VENUE IN 1993 (MOJO’S). I RAN A STAGE AT OPPIKOPPI FOR 12 YEARS AND HAVE PLAYED THAT FESTIVAL FOR 20 YEARS NOW.
- We believe that you will be doing a 50’s vinyl set at Lets Twist Again… Please give us your thoughts on playing vinyl instead of digital?
PLAYING A RECORD IS TANGIBLE, A PHYSICAL APPROACH, AND EVEN SOMETIMES FEELS LIKE WORK IN A WAY.
BESIDES, RECORDS SOUND MUCH BETTER THAN ANY OTHER FORMAT.
- Where and when did you start playing vinyl?
- What are your thoughts on our local music scene at the moment and if there is anything you wish to see happen differently?
- Are there any local acts that you think need a special mention?
- You will be playing a set at Lets Twist Again on the 1st October… are you excited for this event? What can we expect from your set?
- Anything that you guys are currently working on that we would be interested in hearing about?