This Sunday is yet again the end of the month, which means we get to enjoy the day out in Pretoria with the Park Acoustics crew and all the beautiful people that make their way out to this event each month. One of the bands that will be on show this Sunday is the 3-Piece rock band from Pretoria, who go by the name of BARK.
Bark’s remarkable musicianship, melodic phrasing, piercing lyrics and topical songwriting deserves to be wired into the stereos of all listeners.
Essentially a Rock band at heart, Bark remains a versatile trio. Emile also performs as a solo artist, playing his acoustic-fingerstyle compositions; Franco is a Jazz musician, currently studying for his masters degree in music composition at Wits University; and Jean is a progressive Rock/Jazz drummer whose solid rhythms always keep things upbeat and interesting.
Together they are an explosive force to be reckoned with, ready for the big stage.
Here is a little bit more info about the band with a short interview they did with us:
Photo by Christelle Duvenage
- Hi guys… it is good to be chatting to you… all well you your side?
- Before we get started, can you please introduce us to the members of BARK, and tell us where you guys come from?
- Where did you guys meet up to form this formidable partnership?
- What is in the name BARK?
- Who are some of your influences in your “sound”?
- What are your thoughts on our local music scene at the moment and if there is anything you wish to see happen differently?
- Are there any local acts that you think need a special mention?
Among others, we like Georgetown, Beatenberg and ISO.
- You guys will be playing at Park Acoustics this month… are you excited for this? What can we expect from your set?
- Anything that you guys are currently working on that we would be interested in hearing about?
- Where can we follow you on Social media?
- Thanks for your time guys…!!