One of the pioneers of the house scene in South Africa is none other than 2lani The Warrior!! This gent has been in the industry for as many years as most of you party animals are alive, still dropping them bombs and making you move!! Over the last year, we have forged a solid relationship with this #Legend, helping out whenever we can, as we are both looking to promote the talents that lie in our beautiful country. If you have never seen 2lani in action, you have not lived, or at least, you have not had your panties dropped by sweet, sexy, deep house music!! This coming Saturday, he is on the line-up for one of the sickest events to hit Pretoria this year, playing alongside Crazy White Boy, Das Kapital, HouseHold Funk, Sisco Umlambo and many, many more… Take a look at this sweet interview we had with the man, hope you enjoy:
2LANI THE WARRIOR – HOUSE ON THE HILL – 18:00-19:00
▌│║▌║▌█║ DEETS ▌│║▌║▌█║
√ DATE: 2nd August 2014
√ Time: Gates open at 12pm
√ Tickets available via www.ticibox.com
√ R250 General Admission ( Limited to 700)
√ R400 VIP (Limited 100)
√ Dress: Exclusively beautiful
- Hey my brother, how you doing? Its great to be chatting to you again!!
Thank you for having me. It is always fun chatting to you guys.
- For those that have never read any of the interviews we have done together, please give them a short 101 on 2Lani The Warrior and how you goy started in music?
- You are also the owner of DO IT NOW RECORDINGS… how did that come about and what does the label represent??
It has always been a dream of mine to own my own record label. This started way back in the 90’s when I used to work in record shops selling vynils. Being able to order vynils from other labels and understand how these labels do business inspired me to create my own label, a record label that is true to the spirit of underground music, representing beautiful and unique sounds.
- Who have been some of the amazing artists you have worked with over the years on the label?
J. Axel, From P60, Addex, Those Boys, Marco Finotello, Andy Compton… these are but a few of the greats.
- What would you say have been some inspirations and influences in your sound?
- Being in the industry for quite some time, you have obviously seen the ups and downs of the house scene in SA….what have been some of the major challenges for you and your brands?
- The local music scene has been growing in leaps over the last few years, what has you most excited about how things are progressing in SA?
There is so much raw talent coming out of South Africa at the moment. Local producers create sounds as a passion and not to make money or be famous. This adds depth and quality to the produced tracks.
- You are playing at the We Are Random: HOUSE ON THE HILL event… Are you excited about this pre-Oppikoppi gig? What can we expect from your set?
- Are there any other projects that you are working on that we might be interested in hearing about?
- Where can we follow you on social media?
- Lastly, any advice for young DJ’s starting out?